3 OF THE BEST CHEAPEST HOMEMADE FACE MASKS FOR VISIBLY BRIGHTER SKIN!
Make Homemade Face Masks yourself with stuff that is probably laying around in your kitchen! Read these quick and dirty recipes to get your skin glowing- super simple and inexpensive! Quick because the mixtures are outrageously easy and dirty because some of the ingredients are slightly unconventional but are all-natural and deeply clean the skin. The ingredients might seem bonkers but actually have powerful, natural anti-aging properties.
THE ‘YOGMON’: ANTI-AGING NATURAL CHEMICAL PEEL
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 tablespoon of natural yogurt (we use Greek)
- 3-4 essential lemon oil or one lemon squeezed (make sure if your buy lemon juice there are no preservatives).
Add yogurt and lemon juice/oil into a bowl and mix till consistent. Spread evenly on the face. Leave on for 15-20 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.
The combination of lemon and yogurt works as a chemical face peel due to the citric acid (lemon) and lactic acid (yogurt) working together.
- Lemon: it has whitening properties to brighten skin and eliminate dark spots. It is a powerful antiseptic making it a great all-round healer. It stabilizes oily skin.
- Yogurt: mixing it with lemon create a powerful combo with strong whitening effects. It makes skin smooth as it gently exfoliates dead skin cells away.
*Don’t do this before going out into the sun as it may cause skin irritation.
THE ‘NUT-COCO-AVO’ : BEAUTIFUL, BRIGHTER SKIN
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 or 1/2 (depending on the size) avocado
In a mixing bowl mash the avocado. Then add the nutmeg and coconut oil and mix till the mixture is totally consistent. Apply to the face and scrub in circular motions for about 1-2 mins. If you have extra, you can apply it to your neck, chest and shoulders.You will feel the nutmeg exfoliate the skin. After, make sure the mixture if evenly applied and leave it on for 15 minutes. Wash off with warm water and dab face till dry.
Avocado and coconut oil have the best anti-aging properties.
- Coconut oil: okay, a whole essay could be written on the benefits of coconut oil. The main amazing effects it has are that it unclogs pores, penetrates skin deeply to deliver vital vitamins and minerals, protects against free radicals, increases collagen production, reduces the appearance of fines lines and fights acne.
- Avocado: protects the skin against free radicals which cause many aging symptoms and hydrates skin cells. So this mask is great for combating dry skin too.
- Nutmeg: gently exfoliates skin. Very harsh exfoliating scrubs can actually increase pore size and irritate the skin.
Check out our post for more information on The Top 10 Anti-Aging Foods.
THE ‘DRIED EGG’ : ANTI-WRINKLE SOLUTION
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 EGG
Crack egg and beat it in the bowl. Apply it evenly across your face and your neck (if you desire- maybe add another egg if needed). Wait for it to dry. Then wash it off and you will see visibly tighter skin.
Eggs are known for their protein density and protein accelerates tissue repair and growth so it is essential for healthy skin. Eggs also contain:
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)- perfect for getting rid of free radicals which cause wrinkles.
- Potassium- locks in moisture.
- Magnesium- decelerates aging skin.